Arm is said to be that part of the body that starts from the shoulder joint to the wrist joint. The areas of the arm that can be the subject to injury or some other painful conditions include bones, joints, muscles, tendons, ligaments, nerves and blood vessels. Causing you utter discomfort, arm pain can affect your entire arm or any specific area.
The pain feeling might be very achy, tingly prickling or burning thus creating irritation and difficulty in carrying out the normal activities. Ranging from some accidental trauma to other nerve conditions, arm pain can arise landing the patient in an acute condition.
Your Workplace Set up
While working at office, when you are involved in non-stop typing or in some other continuous activity, your arms get stressed up and you start feeling pain that will stop you from performing the daily task in the enthusiastic way you used to. The most important thing that should be taken care of is the place where you sit. You must make sure that the place where you sit must fit your body size well. If it doesn’t then this will stress your whole body as well as leading you to chronic arm pain.
The Furniture and the Work surface must be taken care of:
For example the chair you chose for your own self should:
- Should provide support for your forearms. And your arm as well the elbows should be very much adjustable with the position of the chair.
- Make sure that you have a padded seat that must be at least one inch wider than your hips and thighs
- Your base should be rolling on wheels
The work surface must be very comfortable for you. Proper in height and at a perfect eye level. Moreover the desk must be completely on your elbow level when you sit there in order to prevent arm pain. The experts also suggest that you must use a correctly positioned keyboard:
- The elbows must be closer to your body so to smoothen the circulation in the lower arms and hands
- Your arms must be exactly perpendicular to the floor.
- Make sure that your wrists are straight
If you or any of your loved one is suffering from arm pain or any other body pain, get a professional advice from Dr. Zaki Anwar by placing an appointment at (815) 464-7212). He is an expert anesthesiologist and certified Pain Management Specialist who has been practicing pain relief techniques for the past several years with effective results.