As a new patient, our team specialist will carefully evaluate your medical history, work with your primary care physician and develop a plan for pain treatment. Here are some of the diagnostic tests used in our evaluation:
- Diagnostic nerve block to identify the exact source of pain
- Thermographic imaging to access the integrity of peripheral circulation. Thermography senses hot and cold areas of the body and records changes in skin temperature on a type of photographic film. The test is painless and does not require placing instruments under the skin or into the body. It is completely safe and does not use radiation.
- Discography is a radiological guided procedure to determine whether the pain is originating from the intervertebral discs or not.
- MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) scans create detailed pictures of the body’s internal structure by using a magnetic field and radio waves.
- CT or CAT (computerized axial tomography) scans take a series of X-rays at different angles to show a detailed view of internal organs.
- Psychological Testing
- Dietary and Nutritional Analysis