Anesthesiologist – Pain Management Specialist
Versatile executive with a history of delivering successful pain management solutions for today’s healthcare environment. A highly persuasive person, with a fluent combination of business and technical acumen encompassing business strategy, management consulting and professional healthcare services, coupled with the development of healthcare technologies and medical informatics for today’s practicing pain management physicians.
Motivational, passionate, visionary leader inspiring people at all levels to take direct action and achieve aggressive goals. Multi-lingual individual with significant achievements. Enjoy Golf, Flying, squash ,bicycling and skiing.
- Founder and Medical Director of a multidisciplinary pain center in Frankfort, community based out patient model and have multiple locations in Orland Park , Flossmoor , Joliet and Chicago ( Pain Management Institute).
- Chief Medical information Officer helping the development of practical ,simple efficient patient information management systems for today’s practicing Pain Management Physicians (Pragmedic Solutions).
- Consulting services to implement a new integrated multidisciplinary pain center at Flossmoor with Ingalls memorial Hospital.(Flossmoor pain center)
PAIN MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE LLC, FRANKFORT, IL
(Chief Executive Officer & Medical Director)
2000 to Present
Pain management center was established in October 2002 and currently have pain fellowship trained anesthesiologist, psychiatrist, psychologist, physical therapist, message therapist, yoga and Pilates instructors. All these professionals are working with a with a mission statement “Finally a chance To Live a life free of pain“
- Staffed with clinical and surgical registered nurses with an adequate experience for our opiate management, patient education and outpatient minimum invasive spine procedures program.
- Screening for substance abuse and proper referral to addiction specialist.
- Psychological programs such as anger management, Anxiety coping skills Biofeedback etc
- Psychiatric evaluation for depression ,anxiety, sleep disorders and substance abuse issues
- Patient education program through web site www.pain-institute.com and education material
- Physician pain management Education seminars,
- Fibromyalgia support group therapy,
- Yoga for our employees and gentle yoga for fibromyalgia and multiple sclerosis patients.
- Accredited for Office base surgery interventional procedures by JACHO.
- Accreditation in process for multidisciplinary pain clinic by American Academy of Pain management.
- We have a vision to be the multidisciplinary pain program with all the necessary modalities to treat chronic and acute pain as well as cancer pain.
- Successful marketing plan with new integrated marketing approach and campaign. (Newspaper, radio, website pain management education seminars.)
PRAGMEDIC SOLUTIONS LLC, OAKBROOK , IL
(Chief Executive Officer & Medical Director)
As a Chief Medical Information Officer (CMIO) for Pragmedic Solution I am responsible for supporting the development of clinical information systems that assist clinicians in the delivery of patient care and in the conduct of research and education. I serves as an advocate of management in promoting the use of information technology in the clinical setting and works as part of the information technology staff to translate clinician requirements into specifications for clinical systems and it’s integration with research and educational systems as well as representing the Medical Center Information Technology Department (MCIT) at appropriate institutional committees and initiatives and supports information technology strategic planning, management, integration, and implementation of clinical information systems and technology, including computerized physician order entry, clinical analytical databases, performance improvement and outcomes management.
As a CMIO I am providing overall strategic and tactical direction for the advancement of CPOE and assist in the transition of the Union medical center Clinical Manager outpatient systems and the Flossmoor pain institute Office ambulatory EMR system to an integrated clinical information system from Pragmedic solution .
As a licensed physician with current medical practice I have a & 6 years experience in leadership and experience in implementing clinical systems and in the definition and implementation of clinical informatics solutions.
Pragmedic solution is a medical informatics healthcare solution for todays practicing physician. Pragmedic’s goal is to move from a current system that is defined by words such as fragmentation and disconnection, to execute a vision by redefining a system to create a seamlessly integrated care continuum, focused on the issues of safety, access, and empowerment for patients and care providers.”
PAIN MANAGEMENT AND ANESTHESIA SERVICES
March 97-Oct 2002
- Enjoyed locums in Illinois & California for various health care centers.(Oct 2000-oct 2002)
- Staff Anesthesiologist , Columbia Bellair Surgery Ctr, Clearwater, Florida( Jan 97– Jan 99 )
- Staff, Pain management Physician at Col Largo Med Ctr, Largo, Florida.(March 97 –Jan 990
POSTGRADUATE TRAINING AND EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
- Fellowship in Pain Management, Univ of Vanderbilt, Nashville, TennesseeMarch 99-March 2000
- Diplomate and Board Certification in Pain Management from AAPM.July, 93 – July 96
- Residency in Anesthesiology. Cook County Hospital. Chicago, IllinoisJuly, 93 – July 96
- Transitional year residency, Cook County Hospital. Chicago, IllinoisJuly, 90- Dec., 90
- Medical officer in Internal Medicine Civil Hospital. Karachi, Pakistan,
Medical officer in Plastic Surgery & Burns. Civil Hospital Karachi, PakistanJan., 90 – June, 90
- Dow Medical college MBBS ,1983-1989
- DJ Science college (undergraduate)1980-1982
- St Patrick’s High School, Karachi, Pakistan1978-1980
- Jennings Private School1972-1978
- International spinal injection society.(ISIS)
- American Society of interventional pain management physician (ASIPP)
- American Academy of Pain management (AAPM)
- Healthcare Information and management system society (HIMSS)
- Association of Medical Directors of Information System (AMDIS)