RACZ Epidural Neurolysis is known as injection or series of injections into the spine, as therapy for chronic and back pain. This injection is performed 4 times in two days. Back pain is considered to be complex and has many causes. Experience of interventional pain therapy for chronic back pain has manifested that the pain is mostly because of scar tissue either caused from injury or disc herniation or last conservative back surgery. Racz Epidural Neurolysis has the ability to avoid the need for spinal surgery in many patients who suffer from chronic back pain and sciatic pain. This injection treatment has the ability to provide faster and affective long term relief from chronic pain and irritation in the lumbar spine, without the necessity of spinal surgery. Racz Epidural Neurolysis is very much effective in removing lower back pain and radiating sciatic pain.
The process is carried out as
- RACZ Epidural Neurolysis is mostly performed with the help of local anesthesia, with the patient lying face down, and risk attached with general anesthesia are avoided.
- Neurosurgeon enters a local anesthetic state at the base of the spine (at the sacral hiatus in the tailbone.
- With the help of a probe, a tube is taken into the epidural space and at the site of the pain, without the patient feeling any pain.
- A mixture of anti-inflammatory and anesthetic medication is inserted into this space.
- This gives sedation, pain relief, and decreases the swelling and eliminate the painful pressure on the sciatic nerve
- A natural enzyme contained in the solution disintegrates painful scar tissue and agglutinations around your spine.
- The physician observes the accurate location of the probe with the help of X-ray control throughout the operation.
- Sometimes the injection will be repeated after a few months, if there is a need of dissolving more scar tissues.
Am I a Candidate?
If you suffer from any kind of painful chronic pain then it shows that this treatment is for you. To be the right candidate for Racz Infusion, you have to have three month history of unsuccessful, conservative treatment for back or sciatic pain. The surgery of micro-surgical nerve decompression may give painful surgical scarring, or irritation in the vicinity of the spinal cord and for that Racz Infusion can help.
How long will this procedure take?
It will not take more than 60 minutes and it can be performed once, or it will be completed in twelve months, in a series of three injections.
How long will it take to recover?
After the procedure is done, you will be able to slowly get up and walk. You may feel heavy or numb in your legs. Pain will seem as if gone completely or drastically eliminated. This happens because of local anesthetic injection. Although you will feel better after the treatment but you will not be allowed to drive on the same day, because you need rest. You may leave for work on the following day of the procedure, if there are no complications.
Racz Epidural Neurolysis can be good in many cases of spinal Disc Herniation and other spine problems, for which physiotherapy or even spinal surgery has not worked sufficiently in eliminating pain.