Headache is the pain in your head in literal terms. In many cases of headache, it does not remain only in your head; in fact it goes to your neck or upper back. It is very common for some people. The brain is itself pain-free as it does not have receptors. The surrounding membrane, dura and the associated blood vessels contain receptors and are vulnerable to pain.
Many headaches are diagnosed with the help of clinical history. If the symptoms of headache seem to be acute or dangerous then tests such as neuroimaging or lumbar puncture will be necessary.
The causes of headache comprise stress and tensions and below more causes of headache
- Eye strain
- Low blood sugar
Headaches are also associated with life-threatening conditions such as
- Brain tumors
- Cerebral aneurysms
- Exceeded blood pressure
Head injuries are also the causes of headaches. In woman, fluctuating levels of hormones such as estrogen also paves a way for headache.
Symptoms of Headache
There are many symptoms of headache and few of them are below
- Memory problems
- Vision problems
- Pain eliminating Drugs: Aspirin, acetaminophen, ibuprofen or paracetamol are used for the treatment of headaches
- Some other Medication: Medications are taken prophylactically as well. Beta blockers, serotonin antagonists, anti convulsants, anti depressants, ergot derivatives and calcium channel blockers are called as prophylactic medicines. In order to manage your headache, you have to bring positive changes in your lifestyle as medication cannot eliminate your pain alone.
- Maintain your Posture: Poor posture also increases your chances to have headache. While working, focus on stretching and support the muscles of your neck and shoulders by a back rest and shrinkage of muscles may cause tension headache. Massage is helpful in order to relieve the headache.
- Keep proper Diet: In many cases of headaches, the reason behind headache is (Not taking meals), so consider this point and eat your meal on time.
- Lifestyle Changes: There is a need of changed lifestyle, if you are suffering from headache and it includes proper sleeping times, healthy diet plan and use of stress relieving techniques like medication, relation techniques and counseling are very helpful in eliminating headache.
- Factors behind Headache: Get to know about these factors and avoid them. These factors comprises bright or flickering lights, heat, humidity, sun glare, strong winds, loud noise, TV or computer screen, smell of perfumes, paint, petrol, smoke.
For more information regarding Chronic Headache Pain and how it should be treated, feel free to call our office at (815) 464-7212