Slips and falls result in a significant number of injuries in United States every year, with flooring surface being a major cause amongst many of those incidents. Such sort of injuries can occur in any location and can lead to a damaged or broken wrist, hip or ankle. Most of the victims brush themselves off and carry on with their day, but no matter how major or minor, a slip and fall injury can significantly affect our bodies and ultimately our health. Consequently, it is really important to get immediate consultation and get done with proper diagnosis to avoid any sort of long term chronic medical conditions. In the following paragraphs I have briefed techniques to prevent and treat a slip and fall injury:
Ways to Prevent Slips and Falls
Outlined below are few things you can do to avoid indoor injuries:
- Avoid throw rugs
- Wear appropriate footwear
- Install grip handles in showers and corridors
Follow mentioned below tips to prevent outdoor injuries:
- Avoid going outside in extreme weather and when it is icy
- Wear suitable footwear as per weather situation
- Salt walkways
Slip and fall accidents often result in following common injuries:
- Sprains happen when the ligaments are excessively stretched beyond their capability or just broken. Splinting and bracing are often the most commonly suggested treatments for this sort of slip and fall injury.
- Contusions happen when a body part experiences a direct blow from a slip or fall resulting in damage and severe crush of the underlying connective tissues and muscle fibers without breaking the skin. Most of the contusions can effectively be treated with early diagnosis, application of ice packs, taking some daily rest, and getting some compression and elevation.
- Fractures (also referred as cracks or breaks) occur when the injured bone can’t withstand outside pressure. Remedy depends upon the pattern of the fracture; however, it may require surgery.
At some point in our life, slips and falls occur to everyone. In case you or any of your loved one has recently suffered from any slip and fall injury, get an expert treatment and effective diagnosis by from Dr. Zaki Anwar by placing an appointment at (815) 464-7212. He is a certified Pain Management Specialist who has been practicing pain injection therapies for the past several years with successful results. We will respond your queries within 24 hours.