The hip is a ball and socket joint which attaches the leg to the torso of the body. Many causes of hip pain are due to hip joint. Numerous structures which are surrounding the hip can also be the source of pain. Many people experience hip pain at some point of their lives. Hip pain can be caused by different issues. However, knowing where your pain is coming from can give you clues to the hip pain cause.
Reasons of hip pain:
It is necessary to know the reason of hip pain for hip pain treatment relief. Most common reasons of hip pain can be;
- Hip dislocation or hip fracture
- Hip labral tear
- Inguinal hernia
- Sprains, strains
- Pinched nerves
Hip pain treatments:
If you are suffering from light to moderate hip pain than you can try home remedies as hip pain treatment relief. Basic home treatments for all type of hip pain include rest, stretch, pain relieving medicines, and using hot and cold packs.
By avoid doing things that require you to bend at the hip or put a lot of pressure on the hip, you can minimize the hip pain at some extent. Also avoid sitting for long period of time and sleeping on the side of your hip that is painful.
Stretching the body may reduce hip pain. Exercise daily can help to maintain range of motion and strengthens the muscles that support your hips.
Using hot and cold pack may also help reduce your pain and prepare your muscles for stretching.
Medicines are also a part of hip pain treatment relief. It helps you to ease pain, relieve inflammation, slow bone loss, modify the course of an inflammatory disease or prevent joint damage.
Common medicines are;
- Anti-inflammatory drugs can help reduce inflammation. They are useful for all forms of arthritis and other painful hip problems.
- Corticosteroids are used to control inflammation if it is due to a systemic autoimmune disease, such as rheumatoid arthritis or polymyalgia rheumatica.
- Analgesics may be used to reduce pain caused by arthritis, hip injuries and surgery.
- Disease modifying anti-rheumatic drugs may be useful for a number of different forms of arthritis of the hip.
- Gout medications reduce levels of uric acid in the blood to prevent future attacks of joint pain and inflammation.
- Osteoporosis medications used to slow the loss of bone or help the body build new bone.
Although surgery is most aggressive hip pain treatment relief but sometimes it is needed when you’re suffering from severe arthritis or hip bone breakage.
Pain management institute is helping people to cure acute and chronic long term pain to resume a normal life style. PMI has provided many treatments like stem cell therapy and many others.
For more details call on 815.412.6166