Personal injury is a legal term used for any sort of injury to human body, mind and / or emotions, as opposed to any injury to a property. It is common to experience day to day minor injuries in industries that demand high level of physical efforts. However, any sort of injury whether it is minor or major, should not be ignored. And immediate treatment should be taken from an experienced surgeon. Following are some common types of personal injury causes:
- Road traffic accidents: injuries suffered from car accidents are common and life-threatening. Common injuries include: neck injuries, spinal injuries, internal injuries, etc.
- Workplace injuries: These injuries and illnesses are usually caused by lifting excessive weight (slipped discs), repetitive motion injuries (Carpal Tunnel Syndrome), and misuse of any equipment or tool (falling from an unstable ladder).
- Accidents in the home: Sometimes mishandling of home-equipments, while cooking food, and falling from stairs, we get injured. E.g. cutting skin while peeling potatoes, fall of any hard and heavy item on feet causing inflammation of toe and swelling of the feet, etc.
- Product Defect Accidents: Use of defective consumer products cause: medication injuries (misuse can lead to hospitalization), insufficient information (if an item doesn’t have a warning label or instructions about how-to-use and you misuse it, you could be injured), and injuries from an equipment (a lawnmower may back fire and cause burns).
- Tripping accidents Or Slips and fall: These are the most common form of reasons behind a personal injury that can result anywhere, e.g. on workplace, at home, on a road, etc. The old aged people should always be cautioned of this sort of injury that could result in breakage of bones, damage to joints, etc. Furthermore, teens suffer the most from this cause while running, doing exercise, and especially playing sports. Common injuries from slips and falls include: head injuries (Traumatic brain injury), neck, back, and spine injuries, broken bones, and torn ligaments.
- Bicycle Accidents: Such accidents borne by pedal cyclists usually result in head injuries (concussion), bone injuries (e.g. broken arms, ankles, legs, etc.), and lacerations and abrasions (e.g. soft tissue injury and severe bleeding).
A minor injury ignored and not treated in its initial stages usually turns into a severe health issue and chronic pain. In case you or any of your loved one has recently suffered from a personal injury, get professional advice from Dr Zaki Anwar for your specific condition by placing an appointment at 815-464-7212. He is an experienced Pain Management Expert who has been handling personal injury issues for the past several years. We will reach you within 24 hours.