For a large portion of the population at any age, arm pain is the most common complaint that is heard usually. There can be many reasons of this such as aging, accidents, injuries, and the natural progression of a disease process or simply daily strain.
We the Specialists of Acute & Chronic Pain Management Institute are striving to educate our patients regarding proper arm pain treatment. Take a look at the below information on the diagnosis, causes and treatments of arm pain.
The simplest causes leading to arm pain include, trauma related to accidents, repeated injury to your neck and aging.
Furthermore, some prominent reasons behind Arm Pain are
- Tennis Elbow (an injury to the tendon in the outer elbow) and Golfer’s Elbow (causes affect on the inner tendon of the elbow)
- Car crashes resulting in a fracture in arm
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Train and rail road accidents etc.
Symptoms of Arm Pain:
It will be arm pain when there is numbness or tingling feeling in your arms. This can be in the different areas of the arm. Other symptoms you might experience while having an arm pain that you must look for in order to save yourself from any bigger problem are:
- Chest pain
- Passing out or fainting
- Jaw pain
- Severe headache
- Abdominal pain
- Inappropriate posture
- Cyanosis (skin turns blue)
Arm Pain and fingers pain, numbness or tingling is directly linked to cervical herniated disc, myelopathy and cervical stenosis.
While some kind of pain in your arm, first assess and treat the underlying condition. If the pain is due to some activity that you performed then either modify or stop the activity. You must take rest and resume the activity gradually. Then monitor the response to the activity.
If the Pain persists or you have one of the following situations/conditions then you must approach your doctor:
- You find an area of redness on your arm that is quite painful
- You have an arm pain that is becoming a hurdle for you to resume your daily activities and is different from the arm pain you have experienced before.
You may also opt for non surgical treatment to get rid of arm pain such as
- Anti-inflammatory medication
- Physical therapy and
- Injections are pain management techniques for arm pain.